Saturday, April 25, 2009

Emotional Intelligence

Emotional Intelligence is a new quest for my life. Just like starting an eternal family or becoming the best cataract surgeon possible.

Emotional intelligence means learning leadership skills, rest and love joy, peace, affiliating with others more warmly, being less defensive, more thoughtful, asking internally the right question when someone puts me on the spot and giving back the right answer instead of a hurried answer.

Emotional intelligence means seeing the right opportunities for growth and seeking others experience where my time or experience may be lacking.

I think I can lead. But I think I can serve and give and learn and work more than lead, because that is what leading is. Emotional intelligence is cool under fire at all times and preparing for the unexpected or at least mentally going through an uncomfortable experience so that I am cool later in times of discomfort. It means being honest, assertive, giving benefit of doubt, clear on my assignments.

No comments: